Highlights and Themes
- Private tour
- Learn the basics of Hungarian culture and history
- Visit Heroes' Square and the City Park area
- Cycle around the Opera House, St Stephen's' Basilica, the Parliament and Chain Bridge
- Enjoy both Buda and Pest promenade bike lanes and Margaret Bridge
- Ride to Gellert Square, Liberty Bridge, the Market Hall
- Refreshment stop with dessert
- Approx. 16 km / 10 miles, flat ride without elevation
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lazar Street 16., located right behind the Opera House.
Conclusion point: same.
- English speaking guide
- Bike hire and optional helmet included during the tour time
- Stop for a coffee or beverage and dessert included
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know before you go
- Participants must know how to ride a bike and needs be fit for continuous biking for up to 4 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Due to Traffic Laws this tour is not suitable for children under 12 years
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.
Budapest's original and most renowned bike tour is an innovative, entertaining, easy and relaxing way to see most of the city's sights in a more intimate way along our grand roads and bike pathways.
Your tour starts on Andrassy Avenue and at the Opera House followed by a ride up to the Heroes' Square and City Park along the three lined boulevard. Here you learn about Hungarian history and culture before biking through the City Park to the Vajdahunyad Castle complex and Szechenyi Thermal Bath (peek inside if open).
Next you ride back to downtown to St Stephen's Basilica and Liberty Square for a look at one of the last Soviet relics stand. You'll continue the tour to the magnificent building of the Parliament next to the Danube. From the riverbank you can enjoy the UNESCO World Heritage beautiful panorama over the Castle District: Matthias Church, Royal Palace and the Fisherman's Bastion where our guide will explain in detail the sights.
Next you cross Margaret Bridge over to the Buda side. Here you'll ride along the bike lanes of the Danube taking in the Chain Bridge, Elizabeth Bridge, Rudas Baths and the famous Gellert Baths before crossing the Liberty Bridge to see the Grand Market Hall.
At the final leg of the tour you will cross Pest downtown before turning back onto Andrassy Boulevard and checking out the Opera House before finishing the tour. Refreshment stop with a coffee and Hungarian dessert is included.