Highlights and Themes
- Private walking tour
- A look into the fascinating past of Buda Castle area
- Hear tales of Medieval Royalty who resided here
- Experience a contemporary view of the Buda Castle area
- Informative and knowledgeable guide
- Visit the Fisherman's Bastion and Matthias Church (inside)
- Refreshment stop
At your accommodation.
If your accommodation is not centrally located, meet your guide at Buda Castle District 1014 Szentharomsag ter (Square), Holy Trinity statue in the middle of the square.
Conclusion point: Buda Castle District, near Matthias Church
- Private English speaking guide
- Accommodation pick-up
- Public transport ticket during the tour
- Entrance to Matthias Church
- Coffee stop with dessert
- Transport from the conclusion point
Know before you go
- Please wear modest clothing (covering the shoulders and thighs) when visiting the church.
- Male visitors are requested to enter with a bare head - unless this is against the rules of their religion
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 2,5 hours Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded
Get a historical overview of the Buda Castle district, walk through the small cobblestone streets and squares with a professional local guide. You'll get a feel for its medieval aspects from the first stone laid to the present day use. Your guide will lead you through the castle area and its historical points, occupations and roles it played throughout the Hungarian history.
This tour takes you back in time to see how Castle Hill was originally built and designed. You'll come to understand how the whole area was used over the centuries by many different cultures and nations. You'll walk through these major historical points and learn how the Castle District survived and helped its inhabitants defend and live through invasions and occupations for centuries. With us, you'll learn the secrets of the Buda Castle Hill!
During this tour, you will see the major sights including Royal Palace, the Presidential palace, Disz Square, Holy Trinity Square, Hess Andras Square and Fisherman's Bastion. We'll also show you around inside the Matthias Church and tell its stories and legends. You'll also take a break for coffee and cake in a cosy Café of the Castle District.