Highlights and Themes
- Private experience with English speaking guide
- Discover Prague Old Town's secret passages not shown on tourist maps
- Hear unique and fun stories
- Explore hidden courtyards revealing beautiful buildings and parks
- Learn to recognize the hidden and secret way through the Old Town
- Refreshment stop included
At centrally located accommodation or meet your guide in Absolute Tour Center: 12 Michalska Street, Prague 1 (written as: Michalská 432/12) - entrance to the courtyard is opposite Hotel U Stare Paní
- Private English speaking guide
- Refreshment stop with hot/cold beverage or beer
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know before you go
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.
After visiting the main sights of Prague, like Old Town Square, the Astrological Clock and Charles Bridge, become a local by learning the tricks only the residents of Prague know! Spot and find hidden and secret ways through Old Town and hear interesting and often untold stories along the way too.
The city of Prague was built from the medieval times and it is full of small and hidden passages, alleyways, pathways and beautiful little courtyard parks! The city was built long before urban planning was even a concept, making Prague a difficult city to navigate. Houses and buildings were built around churches and main sights leaving little or no room on the small cobblestone streets. They made up for this by building grandiose squares with elaborate architectural gems and in doing so they left little nooks and crannies all over the Old Town where secret areas and hidden stories await to be discovered.
These hidden areas and extra spaces were small and useless for building on, but the locals soon took advantage of these less frequented areas and joined them together to enable them to move secretly from one area to another all throughout the Old Town. These areas are not usually on the tourist maps and hard to find if you are not a local Prague resident, but this tour will not only show you around but also unveil the history and personal stories connected to them.
You'll learn how to pass and maneuver through the passages and hear unique stories about them not normally elaborated on in basic city tours. Over the years, these passages were built up, closed down, made into parks and grand courtyards. Every day these areas in the city open up for the locals in order for them to criss-cross the town faster. On this tour, we teach you about these areas and how to move through Prague like a local does every day! Our guides will teach you the secrets of "Hidden Prague" and how to avoid heavy touristy streets and areas by going around them through these somewhat secret passages and walkways. All the passageways are 100% safe, well kept, open to the public and in the Old Town.