Highlights and Themes
- Explore the city with an expert guide
- Visit lively and colorful Christmas market
- See the illuminated and decorated Vienna sights
- Tales of Austrian Christmas culture and traditions
In front of Vienna Parliament at Pallas Athene statue
Dr Karl-Renner Ring 3. 1017 Vienna
- English speaking certified guide
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Food and beverages
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know before you go
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 2,5 hours
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately
- We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice
- Cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded
Meet your guide in front of the Parliament at Pallas Athene statue and start your winter explore in Vienna. You will head over to see the Hofburg Imperial Palace the former residence of the Habsburg dynasty, now houses the office of the President of Austria. While you walk through Heroes's Square, the Spanish Riding School you can get introduction to Austria's rich history and culture through the stories of kings and emperors.
Next your guide will walk you through the famous Christmas market on Rathausplatz (City Hall) showing you handicrafts, trinkets, souvenirs as well as the local foods and sweets on sale. You can drink some local mulled wine called Glühwine, Christmas punch and eat roasted chestnut or just wander around and buy some souvenirs for the holiday.
You will continue on the illuminated Ring Boulvard towards the magnificent Opera House and Cafe Sacher, the house of the original delicious Sacher cake. Walk along the decorated and lively pedestrian, the Kartner street to St Stephen's Cathedral where your guide will tell you the history of the magnificent Gothic church.