Highlights and Themes
- Enjoy a cycling day trip through the Wachau Valley
- Marvel at the UNESCO world heritage site of Dürnstein
- Climb to the ruins Dürnstein Castle
- Learn about the region's fascinating history and culture
- Cruise along the River Danube
- Visit vineyards and taste wine at 2 wineries
- Approx 25 km / 15 miles flat ride
Vienna Explorer Office, Franz-Josefs-Kai 45, 1010 Vienna.
Conclusion point: same.
- English-speaking tour guide
- Return train ticket to Krems
- Bike rental for the tour with optional helmet
- Two 4-5 tier wine tasting
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Food and refreshments
- Pick-up and drop-off
Know before you go
- This tour is organized our partner Vienna Explorer Office
- Tour distance: approx 25 km / 15 miles flat ride
- Participants must know how to ride a bike and needs be fit for continuous biking for 2-3 hours with short breaks
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress in comfortable dress appropriately
- Cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded
Discover one of the most beautiful sections of the Danube Valley in Austria on this fun day excursion of biking and wine tasting. Imagine a glorious day of sipping, swirling, and casual cycling through the country's most famous winemaking regions. Renowned for its quality wines, stunning villages and breathtaking scenery, the Wachau Valley is the perfect place to enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
After meeting at the bike shop you'll take an hour long journey by train to Krems than hop on your bike and cycle along the Danube to Dürnstein. Explore the medieval town overlooked by the ruins of the Castle where Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned in 1192, climb the medieval ruins than taste the wine of a local winery.
Treat yourself with a delicious lunch in a local traditional Austrian restaurant (not included in tour price, has to be paid on the spot). After lunch you'll enjoy a relaxing bike ride along river to Weissenkirchen for another great wine tasting in a family-run local tavern before cycling back to Krems and return to Vienna by train.