Highlights and Themes
- Interactive walking tour with a licensed guide
- Opera, St Stephen's Basilica
- Chain Bridge, Danube Promenade with Little Prince Statue
- Vigado Square, Innercity Parish Church, Ferenciek Square
- Great Market Hall, panorama over Gellert Hill
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lazar Street 16., located right behind the Opera House.
Conclusion point: Tour ends in front of the Great Market Hall.
- English speaking licensed tour guide
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Food and drink
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know before you go
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 2 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- Important notice: there will be a 30 minutes free time between the two tours. The market walk will start from the conclusion point of the walking tour.
- We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year.
The tour starts in the shadow of the magnificent Hungarian State Opera House from where you'll take a short walk to St Stephen's Basilica. Admire the beautiful church while your guide gives you a great introduction to Hungary's rich history through the story of the state founder king, St Stephen.
Pose with the Fat Policeman statue on the way to the Danube and at Chain Bridge enjoy the UNESCO World Heritage Panorama over the Buda Castle District with Matthias Church and the Fisherman's Bastion.
Stroll on the lively Danube Promenade and be sure to capture pictures with the statue of the Little Prince at Vigado Square. You will follow your guide on the Promenade to the Innercity Parish Church and to the ruins of the old Roman fortress called Contra-Aquincum.
Head into the busy streets of Pest downtown and wonder at beautiful Art-Nouveau buildings along the way. Enter into one of the hidden local gardens and pass the famous Vaci shopping street on the route to the historical Great Market Hall. At the conclusion of the tour, your guide will explain the story of the market while you'll enjoy great panorama over Gellert Hill and Liberty Bridge.