Enjoy a leisurely ride through the heart of downtown Budapest and learn all about the history behind it on an interactive and entertaining bike ride.
Click here for full description
Highlights and Themes
- Small-group tour with a licensed local guide
- Grasp the basics of Hungarian history and culture
- Visit Heroes' Square and the City Park area
- See Inner Pest – Opera, Basilica, Parliament, view over Buda Castle
- Distance: approx. 8 km / 5 miles, flat ride without elevation
July - August
09:30 - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
Absolute Tour Center - 1065 Budapest, Lazar Street 16., located right behind the Opera House.
Conclusion point: same.
- English speaking guide
- Bike hire and optional helmet included during the tour time
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know before you go
- Participants must know how to ride a bike and needs be fit for continuous biking for up to 4 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Due to Traffic Laws this tour is not suitable for children under 12 years
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and forfeit their right to do the tour, without refund.
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.
Private Tour Option
We are happy to organize your private tour!
Your tour starts on Andrassy Avenue and at the Opera House followed by a ride up to the Heroes' Square and City Park along the three lined boulevard. Here you learn about Hungarian history and culture before biking through the City Park to the Vajdahunyad Castle complex and Szechenyi Thermal Bath.
You'll then cruise along Andrassy Boulevard before taking in the magnificent St. Stephen's Basilica. Next, you'll glide over to Liberty Square to look at one of the last remaining Soviet relics in the city, before moving on to take the view – and no doubt some photos, of Budapest's truly spectacular Parliament building. From the riverbank you can enjoy the UNESCO World Heritage beautiful panoramic view of the Castle District which includes Matthias Church, the Royal Palace and the Fisherman's Bastion. To add color to what you're seeing, your guide will tell you interesting facts and stories from Budapest's past.
You'll make a stop for a refreshment break in a warm and cozy cafe and taste a delicious, traditional Hungarian dessert and coffee or tea. Rested and relaxed, you ride back to the Opera House through the downtown area.
At the final leg of the tour you will cross Pest downtown before turning back onto Andrassy Boulevard and checking out the Opera House before finishing the tour.