Highlights and Themes
- Small-group walking tour, interactive participation encouraged
- Refreshments included
- Learn about Czech history and traditions
- Wenceslas Square and Old Town Square including the Astrological Clock
- Short walk through the Jewish Quarter (outside only)
- Charles Bridge and the view over Prague Castle
At centrally located accommodation or meet your guide in Absolute Tour Center: 12 Michalska Street, Prague 1 (written as: Michalská 432/12) - entrance to the courtyard is opposite Hotel U Stare Paní
Conclusion point: Tour ends in city center
- Private English speaking guide
- Accommodation pick-up
- Coffee or soft drink or beer
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know before you go
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded.
The Old and New Town Prague walking tour provides an unforgettable tour through the narrow alleys, sweeping squares, and most breathtaking historical sights and monuments in Prague's center. You start with a walk through the charming back roads and alleyways of the Old Town, past some of the city's most famous sculptures and monuments. From here you will come to Wenceslas Square, the flashpoint of the country's battle against Communism and Fascism in the 20th century.
On the way to the heart of the city, you will see where Mozart first dazzled Europe with Don Giovanni and see Charles University, one of the oldest and greatest universities in Europe, established over 650 years ago!
After we weave our way into the heart of Old Town Square, full of fairy tale churches and architectural gems, and of course the world famous Astronomical Clock. Next, you will take a break for a cup of coffee or tea, or a glass of refreshing Czech beer. Then you'll head into the old Jewish Quarter of Prague, where you will learn about the tragic and amazing history of the Jewish people during their twelve centuries in the city. Hear stories of mystical rabbis, the powerful Golem of the Jewish ghetto, and see the oldest Prague synagogue and cemetery.
The last points of interests and stops will be concluded with a spectacular riverside view and historical account of Prague Castle and the Charles Bridge, two of the city's most famous and beautiful sights.