Learn about Vienna's history and culture from an expert guide on this innovative and entertaining walking tour!
Click here for full description
Highlights and Themes
- Vienna history and culture from an expert guide
- Comfortable walk on the pedestrian zone
- Visit Vienna's top attractions: St Stephen's Cathedral, Hofburg Palace
- Marvel on Ring Boulevard, see the Parliament and Burgtheatre
Apri & October - Friday, Saturday
May to September - Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Vienna Explorer Office, Franz-Josefs-Kai 45, 1010 Vienna.
Conclusion point: St Stephen's Cathedral, city center
- English speaking certified guide
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Food and beverages
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know before you go
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 2,5 hours
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately
- We reserve the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice
- Cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund. No show or non-participation on the tour will not be refunded
After leaving the centrally located office you'll walk to one of the oldest churches of Vienna which was used by the sailors once, the beautiful Gothic Maria am Gestade. You will continue your tour to the Jewish Quarter to explore Judenplatz, the former center of the Jewish life from the Middle Ages. Next you'll head over to see the Hofburg Imperial Palace and stop off at St Michael Church, parish church of the Imperial Court of the Habsburgs.
Entering the Hofburg you can hear the stories of the world famous Spanish Riding School, the riding academy and institution dedicated to the classical performances of the Lipizzaner horses. Hofburg Imperial Palace was the former residence of the Habsburg dynasty, today houses workplace of President of Austria. Here you'll get a great introduction to Austria's rich history and culture through the stories of its kings and emperors.
After visiting Heroes's Square your tour will continue to the Parliament and the University of Vienna than you will enjoy rambling on Graben, the busy and fashionable pedestrian zone of the city center. The tour concludes at magnificent St Stephen's Cathedral where you can admire the Gothic church with its unique painted ceramic roof tiles.